Tuesday, September 21, 2010

I heart Tabatas !!!

If ever I don't feel like working out all I have to do is throw some tabata workouts together and I get excited. (for info on what a tabata is check here ) http://www.squidoo.com/tabatatraining.

Tonight I was tired after a long day at work but I didn't want to break my stride so I turned to a trusty tabata workout. It looked like this :

Tabata 1: Swings 30lb
Tabata 2: Snatches 20lb
Tabata 3: Around to stall/squats 25lb
Tabata 4: Swings/Lunges 30lbs/ bodyweight
Tabata 5: Pushups (on knees)/Leg drops (see here for example http://www.ehow.co.uk/video_4952717_home-pilates-exercises-double-leg.html-minus the papertowel roll,though that is a good idea  )

I felt GREAT ! after this workout. I was sweaty, my heart rate was up. I felt like I'd accomplished not only a good attempt at a workout but actually had a successful workout . It's amazing how following through with a plan can boost your mood. I know if I'd decided not to do it, which I easily could have , I could have chosen to put on my comfy clothes and plopped onto the couch and turned on the tube to watch my recorded tv shows. BUT , instead, I decided to get my workout clothes on as soon as I got home, and got right to it. Nothing to get me distracted. I give myself an A+ for my efforts and maybe even a gold star. What... You know how good it felt to get a gold star in school, don't judge me. If we don't reward ourselves, who will?

No comments:

Post a Comment